Required 'Candidates for FPOs'
How to Apply
Join our team as to lead our FPOs and pave the way to success!
Are you a dynamic and visionary leader ready to take on a challenging role at the forefront of agricultural innovation? Do you have a passion for empowering farmers, driving sustainable practices, and creating a brighter future for rural communities? If so, we invite you to consider the exciting opportunity of becoming the part of team and lead of our Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO).
About Us: Established in 2003, 4S India is a now a PAN India organization working on Ultra Poor in 5 states including West Bengal, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and Odisha. About 75% of the intervention population belongs to SC, ST, PVTG & Maha Dalits covering 940 revenue villages across 21 districts. The organization works on the thematic area of Responsible Livelihoods, Institutional Development Services, Agribusiness Development Services, Financial Inclusion Services, Natural Resource Management, Preventive health & nutrition, Women, Rights & Entitlements, Disaster Management and Climate change and Action Research & Studies.
As the candidate of our FPO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of agriculture in our region. Your responsibilities will include:
• Strategic Leadership: Develop and execute a forward-thinking strategy to empower our farmers, promote sustainable agriculture, and drive the growth of our FPO.
• Team Management: Lead a dedicated team of professionals, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
• Stakeholder Engagement: Build and maintain strong relationships with farmers, government agencies, financial institutions, and other key stakeholders to ensure the success and sustainability of our FPO.
• Financial Management: Oversee the financial health of the organization, ensuring efficient resource allocation and sustainable growth including legalities.
• Market Expansion: Identify new market opportunities, negotiate contracts, and establish partnerships to maximize the income potential for our farmers.
• Advocacy: Advocate for the rights and interests of our farmers, representing our FPO at local, regional, and national levels.
• Market Linkages: Facilitate market access and connect farmers with potential buyers and partners.
• Reporting: Regularly report district activities, challenges, and successes to the FPO management and at all required platforms.
• Financial Reporting: Generate regular financial reports for management and stakeholders.
• Tax Compliances: Ensure timely and accurate tax filing and compliance with government regulations.
Qualifications: To excel in this role, you should possess:
• Graduation/Post-Graduation in agribusiness, agriculture, accounts, social work, rural management
• Proven leadership experience in related field.
• Strong understanding of agricultural practices, rural development, and market dynamics and marketing.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Visionary thinking and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and commitment to sustainability and the well-being of farmers.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Opportunity to lead impactful initiatives in rural development.
• Collaborative and inclusive work environment.
• Professional development and growth opportunities.
• A chance to work with a dynamic team committed to rural prosperity.
Application Process: If you’re ready to lead the charge in transforming agriculture and empowering farmers, we encourage you to
apply by 25.10.23 with your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and vision for our FPO to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us in our mission to create a brighter, more sustainable future for farmers and rural communities. Together, we can cultivate success!
#FPO #AgriculturalLeadership #EmpowerFarmers#